Re: congratulations to our ftp-master team

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> But it is not doing a great job with processing a few old uploads.  I
> consider it a problem that no decision have been taken on the few
> really old uploads (xvidcap, rte, mplayer).

One of the FTP masters (I forgot who) once said that the best way to
help get mplayer into the archive would be to present an overview of
the patent situation surrounding MPEG and the like. ffmpeg has such
an overview in README.patents, which might serve as a good basis, as
the core library code of mplayer, ffmpeg and xvidcap is identical.
(libavcodec/libavformat)

Cheers,
        Moritz