Re: congratulations to our ftp-master team

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:
>> Anand Kumria <wildfire@progsoc.uts.edu.au> writes:

>>> A simple assurance that your package will be rejected from the NEW queue
>>> if no ftp-master approves it within 2 weeks would actually be a benefit.

>> Why?

>> It seems like, if that's the way that you want the world to work, you
>> could already just pretend that this is the case.  If your package has
>> gone for more than two weeks, it seems to me like you could decide to
>> treat it in all respects as if it had been rejected and just go on with
>> your life.  If it ends up getting accepted, you could orphan it, or
>> decide to pick it up again.

> When the ftp masters reject a package, they say why it has been rejected
> as a rule.  So at least that part can't be substituted for in this way.

Yes, but that's a different conversation.  Anand didn't say anything about
getting a reason.  The proposal was that packages be automatically
rejected if no ftp-master approves it within two weeks.

I don't understand how that helps anyone.  You still don't get any
explanation, and now there's not even a chance someone will find time to
look at it.