Re: buildd administration

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 12:07:11 +1000, Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> said:

> That's not a productive attitude. If they don't have time to answer
> questions, they almost certainly don't have time to ask for help,
> either. When that cirucmstance has arisen, the only way out is for
> others to work out what help's actually needed and wanted and to
> provide it.  That's kinda hard, but no one promised taking over the
> world would be easy.

        If they are too busy to ask for help (!!), then certainly the
 work they are tasked with is probably suffering as well; I mean, if
 they are too busy to ask for help, they are also likely to be too
 busy to do a good job.

        Add to that the situations where people can not very easily
 help all by themselves (for example, if critical information required
 to perform the task is unavailable to the unwashed masses), it seems
 to me that this is the purvey of the DPL, who ought to be looking to
 add people to the delegate team. Indeed, this is solidly one of the
 major tasks of the DPL, to ensure that the delegates are able to
 perform their delegated tasks, and to provide additional help when
 they are burning out are far too busy.

        Branden, isn't this issue of delegation one of the foundations
 of your platform?

        manoj
--
"A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from
a simple system that worked." -- John Gall, _Systemantics_