Proposal for *Real* Declassification of debian-private archives

As dicussion follows, I decided to formalize a proposal for a real
declassification of the content on -private.

As I said before, if we're going to choose which material is made
public, we can't call it "declassification".

The main points are:

1) Everything except financial information about others then Debian and
vacation announcements is published.
  - Vacation announcements are a requirement of the project, and
    reveal no other information than where a developer was at some
    time, which is irrelevant to the project as a whole.
  - Third-party financial information would not give any information
    about Debian itself.
  - Everything else will be made public.
  - This means that some damage is expected, but if we're going to
    take it serious, that's a unavoidable side effect.
1) Five years, instead of Three.
  - This is to reduce the possible negative impact of -private
    messages to its authors, since a five years old message has
    fewer chances of causing damage than a three years old one.

-------

In accordance with principles of openness and transparency, Debian
will seek to declassify and publish posts of historical or ongoing
significance made to the Debian Private Mailing List.

This process will be undertaken under the following constraints:

    * The Debian Project Leader will delegate one or more volunteers
      to form the debian-private declassification team.
    * The team will automatically declassify and publish posts made to
      that list that are five or more years old, with the following
      exceptions:
          o posts that reveal financial information about individuals
            or organisations other than Debian, will have that
            information removed;
          o vacation announcements or posts that have no content after
            information is removed (according to the above constraint),
            will not be published, unless the author requests they be
            published;

-------

This way, I think we would have a *real* declassification process.

daniel