Re: Alternate proposal for Declassification of debian-private archives

Em Qui, 2005-12-01 às 08:32 -0600, Manoj Srivastava escreveu:
>   a) The post contained sensitive material.
>         In this case, if a reasonable case has been made for the
>         material being sensitive, and one that the declassification
>         teams accepted, then the material should be redacted from the
>         post, and every post it has been quoted in. If it is sensitive
>         in one post, it is sensitive in another.

So it's not a declassification after all, it's just a proccess of
getting the posts that shouldn't be on -private out of it....

It's obvious to me that many posts on -private are there because they
*are* sensitive material, and if we're not going to open that, then it's
not declassification at all.

This is a hard decision, I know, but that's why it is a GR. The question
is if we do want to expose our internals! if we do, we should really do
it, not just publish some selected things, it can't be called
declassification if we select which materials are of our interest to be
public.

daniel

P.S.: I know, the current proposal isn't exactly that way (I agreed to
make it happen), but this alternate proposal is getting too far from the
original idea.