Automatic closing of bugs

I just had a bug that I opened (#339832) closed by a changelog entry in
a new debconf upload.  This is apparently a typo, as the changelog entry
claims that the bug it was closing was related to a Swedish translation
update.

My bug was a wishlist bug against gmessage asking for it to become an
alternative to xmessage.

Is there a way to not allow changelog entries to automatically close
bugs assigned to other packages?  This seems like it might require
modifying some infrastructure, but I am not sure what are the affected
components or what I can do to help.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez