Re: texlive-basic_2005-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@ganneff.de> writes:
> No please. That would make confusion. Half of the packages named in one
> way, half of them named the other way.
> One thing please, either iso codes or longnames, not both.

I think that's wrong -- there are very few exceptions, and those are
_exceptions_ -- not single languages, but "groups".  It's a _good_ thing
if they stand out, because indeed they are slightly weird.

I have no idea what "manju" is, but "african", "arab", and "cyrillic"
(and of course "other") seem ill-defined compared to the rest (unless of
course "arab" really means "arabic", in which case "ar" could be used).
Making them stand out is a useful property, not a flaw.

Here's the list:

        african
        arab
        bg
        bo
        cs-sk
        cyrillic
        da
        de
        el
        en
        en-gb
        es
        fi
        fr
        he
        hr
        hu
        hy
        it
        ja
        ko
        la
        manju
        mn
        nl
        no
        other
        pl
        pt
        ru
        sv
        th
        uk
        vi

-miles
--
The automobile has not merely taken over the street, it has dissolved the
living tissue of the city.  Its appetite for space is absolutely insatiable;