Re: Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 12:34:30PM -0800, Erast Benson wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 11:59 -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Kenneth Pronovici <pronovic@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > > Besides that, you haven't even given us very many good reasons why we
> > > should care about your problems.  You insist on making it sound like
> > > somehow by not conforming to your needs, we're missing a great
> > > opportunity.  I've got news for you: the great opportunity here was that
> > > *you* were able to base *your* software on Debian.  And that only
> > > happened because Debian protected your rights to that software through
> > > the DFSG.
> >
> > Very nicely said.  Thanks, Kenneth.
>
> And I respect Debian developers work. And wait when Debian developers
> will respect ours work too.

You're probably going to be waiting a long time. I suggest that
instead you think about doing something deserving of respect. Taking a
copy of solaris, written by other people, and a copy of Debian, also
written by other people, and then putting them next to each other, in
violation of the license on lots of these things? That is not
deserving of respect.

Coming along and telling us that the license we chose deliberately for
the purpose of prohibiting you from doing this is wrong? That's not
deserving of respect either.

Now go away and stop doing it.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |