Re: Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 22:01 -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Erast Benson <erast@gnusolaris.org> writes:
>
> > but their loyers obviosly reads GPL differently. since they do ship
> > GNOME as their primary JDS desktops, among others GNU GPL software, gcc,
> > tar, sed, awk etc... btw, Solaris 10 is absolutely free available for
> > download, so, one could try to install and see.
>
> I don't see how this possibly matters.  Many companies have violated
> the GPL in the past.  It would hardly be the first time.
>
> Are you seriously saying that whatever Sun does must be ok, so we can
> do the same?

i'm not claiming anything.

But are you seriosly saying that SUN violates GPL?
Please prove it. (better in court). And once you will prove it, I will
belive you. Until that time, all this looks like another Debian's flame
to me. or better... religious war. In which I'm not going to participate
anymore.

Erast