Re: bogus lintian warning

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

> The lintian warning source-contains-CVS-dir is bogus.

> I agree that upstream should not put CVS in their tarballs.  But
> sometimes they do.

It's still useful for native packages, so it isn't completely bogus even
if one agrees with the point about non-native packages.  It would also be
a good idea to make sure such things didn't turn up in the diff (caused by
the Debian package maintainer importing the source into a revision control
system when packaging it and then not building the source package
properly, for instance).