Re: wnpp situation

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

> There is no good reason to close old RFPs unless the upstream source
> has diseappeared.

> Old ITPs should be turned into RFPs, not closed.

I don't agree.  If there's no current interest in having the package
created, having the bug open actually wastes people's time.  Right now,
it's just not particularly sane to go through the RFP list and try to
package things people have requested, since more often than not it was
requested years ago and the person asking for it would no longer even want
it.  It's also a ton of work to constantly check if upstream is still
there, if the package has been superseded, if something else in Debian now
does thes same job, etc.

Closing after a year sounds great to me.  If there's ongoing interest, the
bug will be opened again.