Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

Scripsit Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org>
> Henning Makholm writes:

>> I doubt that "people who do not wish to become legally bound to appear
>> at the the author's home court whenever he files a frivolous lawsuit"
>> can be meaningfully described as a "group of persons" that can be
>> discriminated against. If everybody belongs to the group, is it
>> meaningfull to discriminate against it?

> Not everyone belongs to the group: In all cases to date (and likely
> all cases in the future), some people would naturally be subject to
> the court's jurisdiction.

Unless they have for some reason already decided conclusively that
they will never leave that jurisdiction and settle elsewhere, they are
still inconvenienced.

> As an example, the QPL discriminates against everyone who does not
> live conveniently close to Olso.

And against people who do live close to Oslo but may later contemplate
to move elsewhere.

--
Henning Makholm                        "Nej, hvor er vi altså heldige! Længe
                                      leve vor Buxgører Sansibar Bastelvel!"