Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

Scripsit Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org>
> Henning Makholm writes:

>> I doubt that "people who do not wish to become legally bound to appear
>> at the the author's home court whenever he files a frivolous lawsuit"
>> can be meaningfully described as a "group of persons" that can be
>> discriminated against. If everybody belongs to the group, is it
>> meaningfull to discriminate against it?

> Not everyone belongs to the group: In all cases to date (and likely
> all cases in the future), some people would naturally be subject to
> the court's jurisdiction.

Unless they have for some reason already decided conclusively that
they will never leave that jurisdiction and settle elsewhere, they are
still inconvenienced.

> As an example, the QPL discriminates against everyone who does not
> live conveniently close to Olso.

And against people who do live close to Oslo but may later contemplate
to move elsewhere.

Henning Makholm                        "Nej, hvor er vi altså heldige! Længe
                                      leve vor Buxgører Sansibar Bastelvel!"