Re: Debian OpenSolaris port, exchange with Sun folks in webforum/MailingList

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 01:04:21AM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Andreas Schuldei <andreas@schuldei.org> [2005-09-05 20:59:10]:
> some discussion happend here, but later on in the thread it
> becomes clear that there is a lot of confusion of the official
> position of debian towards a debian with an opensolars kernel.
>
> http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/message.jspa?messageID=5914

It seems the only oposition to this thus far is the choice of venue clause,
which i am perosnally dubious of it falling the DFSG (as readers of
debian-legal my know, and others can search for QPL and ocaml there).

It is, after thought, my opinion that the only ethical way to solve the choice
of venue clause is to say that the court chosen will be the one where either
the defendant lives, makes business or has his headquarters, and furthermore i
am told by someone who studied law but then went into notarial stuff, that
this may even be the only legal way of doing this in international law or at
least in french law. IANAL though, so i asked Simon to consult with the Sun
legal department about this.

Friendly,

Sven Luther