Re: Unnecessary "Conflicts" with imap-server packages

Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
> Having a package installed doesn't mean the corresponding service is
> started.

If I install something then I want it installed, configured and

I think you are asking for another type of action for APT.  Currently
APT has two types of remove.  You can remove leaving configuration
files or you can purge taking off the configuration files too.  I
think you are asking for a new type of install target where a package
is only partially installed.  I could see the utility of that but
there is no support for it in the code at this moment.