Re: Unnecessary "Conflicts" with imap-server packages

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 09:15:36AM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
> > Having a package installed doesn't mean the corresponding service is
> > started.
> If I install something then I want it installed, configured and
> running.

I'm sorry, but I think this is completely wrong.  Take a look at horde3
and its associated packages.  There are far too many options to have it
completely configured and ready to go right after an `apt-get install`.
Believe me, I tried to get Ola to use debconf to ask all the required
questions, but he managed to convince me that it was a bad idea.

I am sure that there are other packages that fall into this category.

Roberto C. Sanchez