Re: README - confusing, irrelevant, redundant, useless

Scripsit Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de>
> Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:

>>/usr/share/doc/aptitude/README is upstream's entire user manual in
>>text format. It contains a short section on how to get aptitude if
>>one does not have a .deb available. I think this is fair, but it is of
>>course correct that the file *contains* installation instructions.

> Is it not a pity that one of our most central tools is so badly
> documented?

Badly documented? There is 183 KB's worth of manual, of which the
installation instructions are only a small part.

--
Henning Makholm                            "What a hideous colour khaki is."