Re: New appearance of bugs on BTS web pages

W. Borgert wrote:
Shouldn't it be XHTML nowadays?

http://annevankesteren.nl/2004/08/xhtml

XHTML sent as text/html is parsed as HTML by IE and Mozilla. XHTML sent as application/xhmtl+xml (the recommended way) is *not* recognized by IE (MIME type isn't recognized and IE asks for downloading file), and has other problems in Mozilla: http://www.mozilla.org/docs/web-developer/faq.html#xhtmldiff . text/html (the only way for correct rendering in IE) should not be used for XHTML 1.1: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/#summary

But I totally agree that we should always use valid markup.

Regards,
ogi