Re: Alioth Project Denied

Loïc Minier, 2005-08-07 17:10:06 +0200 :

>         Hi,
>
> On Sun, Aug 07, 2005, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
>> > We can probably. Would you care to provide us the patch ?
>> A patch to change a from email address?
>
>  I suppose it's nice to:
>  - spot where the change needs to be made
>  - move that to a configuration file if it's not already in a config
>    file
>  - integrate the change to some sensible default (root@alioth, or
>    admin@alioth, or alioth-admin@mailname) in Debian and the gforge
>    package in general
>  - integrate the config option in the debconf templates

Or, in order to appease the crowds quickly:
- locate place to hack;
- hardcode 'admin@alioth.debian.org' in there;
- rebuild packages;
- install packages.

Alioth.debian.org is currently undergoing the last of these steps.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Luck, like a Russian car, generally only works if you push it.
  -- Regalian, in My Hero (Tom Holt)