Re: Bruce Perens hosts party at OSCON Wednesday night

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 06:32:44PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Bruce Perens wrote:

> > For those of you who are at OSCON, Wednesday night I'm hosting a
> > recruiting party for Sourcelabs. If you bring your resume I'll buy you
> > drinks and some food.

> > Date: Wednesday, August 3
> > Time: 8:30-10:30pm
> > Place: Kells Irish Restaurant & Pub, Ulster Room, 2nd Floor
> > 112 SW 2nd Ave., Portland, Oregon 97201

> Unsolicited Commercial Email.  Please pay the standard $2000 fee for
> advertisments on Debian mailing lists.

Y'know, it's fine if you think that Bruce's mail was inappropriate for the
list, and there's nothing wrong with saying so; but claiming that a message
that isn't selling anything is UCE, and attempting to enforce against a
member of the community an advertising policy that daily goes unenforced
against thousands of more deserving souls, just makes you sound like an
asshole and an idiot.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer