Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 03:01:39PM +0200, Tomas Fasth wrote:

> Andreas Barth skrev:
> > * Thijs Kinkhorst (kink@squirrelmail.org) [050802 13:41]:

> >>And even then, appearently the DAM works like this: I approve person X,
> >>let's check his box, but I'll add the account at some point later on (this
> >>takes weeks on average). When you check the box you might add the account
> >>aswell when you're at it, right?

> > Just that the person who checks the reports is not root in Debian's ldap
> > system.

> There is delegation and group access available in OpenLDAP. So, one
> would not need to have write access to the whole directory tree,
> only to the necessary branches.

I'm amused that you think there's anything in Debian's LDAP directory
*besides the user accounts themselves that you're proposing to give people
access to* that would warrant this level of granular access control.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer