Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 15:24 +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> The FD checks their applications
> so as not to waste the DAM's time reviewing bogus ones, and the DAM
> checks them to filter out people who shouldn't get in.

Your statement rests on the assuption that somehow the DAM's time is
more valuable than the FD's time. If we would just make everyone
currently in FD a DAM, then then the check could be done by a single
person.

To be perfectly clear - I don't object to the checks per se, but rather
to those checks being done by different institutions. Andreas Barth
wrote in this thread:
> So, one person checks the reports, and then marks it on the web pages
> and sends mail to another person who then adds the accounts.
Please explain how this isn't overly cumbersome.

Currently a report passes through FD, then to DAM-not-authorised, and
finally to DAM-authorised. What if these groups would be melted into
one, and each member could take an incoming application, review it, and
either reject or approve the account?

Thijs