fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

Dear DDs and The Rest,

I am as the one who applied to become a DD and I am very curious
-- is that just a human factor (people, ie AMs are busy) or it is more
psychological -- test by time?

If you look at http://nm.debian.org/ average statistics

Awaiting AM assignment   140 days
Awaiting DAM Approval    184 days

it is quite long period of time I would say. I completely understand
that there must be a thorough selection of DDs but I doubt that the time
test should be the main factor.

I'm not sure if any additional AMs are necessary -- there is a
sufficient quantity of them to cover all current DD applicants...
So I think that there must be some other reason for such lengthy queues.
Can anyone highlight me?

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]