Re: Please participate in popularity-contest

> > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:50:34 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow
> > <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> >>
> >>Will you report a bug or shall I?

Note that by running only cron.{daily,weekly,monthly}, anacron is
not forced to parse crontabs, worry about permissions, change users,
etc. etc. etc. All it has to do is run scripts.It's not a bug, it's a
significant design choice.

Perhaps popcon should create an @boot job as well as daily. The @boot
job could check "have I run yet today", and then DTRT.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net