Re: Please participate in popularity-contest

On 7/25/05, Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> >> Perhaps some of the reports got lost in the mail?
> > Or because many machines are not turned on that early in the morning.
> apt-get install anacron

Heh, this doesn't solve the problem that most desktop systems aren't
turned on at that time, because most desktop users won't read this
mail, and therefore won't install anacron.

A better solution (from my point of view, of course), would be to
change the popcon crontab's entry, so that it runs at a time when most
computers are turned on (this is difficult to guess, of course, but
maybe 15:00 ?).  After all, it's not a cpu-intensive, or other
resource-intensive task, and can run at any other moment.

--
Besos,
Marga