Re: Who needs libcurl3? (was libcurl3-dev: A development package linked again gnutls needed)

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> apt-get remove --purge libssl0.9.7 gives me tons of packages. Just
> an estimation: We need to repack half of all packages then?

All that needs to happen is that GPLed packages without an OpenSSL
linking exception either need to:

  1) Get a linking exception.

  2) Stop linking with OpenSSL.

Nothing more needs to be done.

Don Armstrong

1: This has been seriously discussed in hideous detail at least 10
times already. The list archives are your friend.
Grimble left his mother in the food store and went to the launderette
and watched the clothes go round. It was a bit like colour television
only with less plot.
 -- Clement Freud _Grimble_