Re: Who needs libcurl3? (was libcurl3-dev: A development package linked again gnutls needed)

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 11:09:04PM +0300, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> > apt-get remove --purge libssl0.9.7 gives me tons of packages. Just
> > an estimation: We need to repack half of all packages then?
>
> NO.[1]
>
> All that needs to happen is that GPLed packages without an OpenSSL
> linking exception either need to:
>
>   1) Get a linking exception.
>   2) Stop linking with OpenSSL.

How about indirect linking with OpenSSL? I'd really like to have libldap
use OpenSSL again but I was told this breaks the LDAP support of a lot
of packages since linking LDAP would pull OpenSSL.

Greetings

	Torsten