Re: shared library -dev package naming proposal

Hi,

> > Having a solid naming scheme will allow me to
> >
> > ldd /usr/lib/libwhatever.so to track down its
> > shared library dependency, and appending "-dev"
> > to individual package to create the list of
> > requisite -dev packages.
>
> With the current scheme it is:
>
> ldd /usr/lib/libwhatever.so to track down its shared library
> dependency, strip the soversion and appending "-dev" to individual
> package to create the list of requisite -dev packages.
>
> And, by the way, that list is just plain wrong.

Okay, currently d-shlibs is using objdump,
and does not recursively look for dependencies.

gotom suggested to use ldd, to obtain the full path of
shared libraries, and I do see the limitation with
using ldd, as you pointed out illustratively
in your example.

regards,
	junchi