Re: debian security archive/updates b0rken???

Hi,
* Sebastian Ley <ley@debian.org> [2005-06-28 10:16]:
> Am Sonntag, 19. Juni 2005 08:45 schrieb Steve Langasek:
> > On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 12:31:23AM -0400, sean finney wrote:
> > > please excuse this blatant cross-posting, i wouldn't do it if i didn't
> > > think it were critical that i do so...
> > >
> > > http://www.infodrom.org/~joey/log/?200506142140
> > >
> > > say it isn't so!
> >
> > It isn't so.
>
> ... one of the largest German IT News Sites today claims otherwise:
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/61076
>
> Headline translates to "Debian without security updates for several weeks
> now". I did not follow up on the current status of stable security, but in
> any case we should send them a response. I volunteer to translate an answer
> from English to German and send it to Heise.

There are some other headlines like this.
http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2005/8322.html
http://www.heute.de/ZDFheute/inhalt/26/0,3672,2326362,00.html
The article on heute.de says that ca. 1000000 million user in
Germany changed to Ubuntu because of problems with Debian.
Anyway, keep on working, it is more productive!
Regards Nico
--
Nico Golde - JAB: nion@jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF
http://www.ngolde.de | http://www.muttng.org | http://grml.org