Re: debian security archive/updates b0rken???

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 12:31:23AM -0400, sean finney wrote:
> please excuse this blatant cross-posting, i wouldn't do it if i didn't
> think it were critical that i do so...

> http://www.infodrom.org/~joey/log/?200506142140

> say it isn't so!

It isn't so.  It's true that the design of sbuild/wanna-build means there
were no autobuilders available for stable-security at the moment of sarge's
release, but there was already work in progress to fix this by the time that
blog entry was posted, and the claim that "it looks like we'll be without
security updates for quite a while" caused no small amount of consternation.

TTBOMK, there is now again a full complement of stable-security autobuilders
available on 11 archs, and autobuilders for testing-security on 10/11 archs.
It doesn't look like the security team has issued any DSAs since then,
though they may have done uploads that haven't yet been published (I
wouldn't know, not having access to look on klecker).

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer