Re: Planning a libglade to libglade2 transition

Andrea Mennucc <mennucc1@debian.org> wrote:
> the same for me: I develop and mantain some gtk packages
>
> there is no such thing as an "easy transition from gtk1 to gtk2"

Nonsense. For many (most?) programs, it's mostly a matter of passing
-DENABLE_BROKEN and fixing up the build system. Doing s/gtk_/g_/g over
the source gets you most of the rest of the way there.

However, most of the apps that are still gtk1 are the ones that *are*
more difficult.
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org