Re: Greylisting for @debian.org email, please

Simon Richter <Simon.Richter@hogyros.de> writes:

> There is simply no point in running a mail server on a dynamic IP. It
> will not be able to accept mail in a reliable way, even with dyndns, so
> you need some other host to accept and forward your mail to you anyway,
> so you can as well route it through a smarthost that you authenticate to
> on the outbound way as well (this will have the added benefit of not
> clogging up your connection if you need to send an email to multiple
> people).

Would you define "dynamic IP" for me, just so I can be sure I know
what you're talking about?

It sounds here as if you mean an IP address which changes with some
frequency.  Is that right?

If so, lots of ISPs (mine, for example) give me a static IP address
via DHCP, in a block of addresses of which some are dynamic and some
are static.

Or have I guessed wrong and you mean something else?

Thomas