Re: Greylisting for @debian.org email, please

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.62.0506161425250.19967@cantor.unex.es>
sanvila@unex.es writes:
>Now that we have released sarge, I would like to ask debian-admin and
>the Project Leader to consider seriously doing something to reduce the
>level of spam we have to receive, store, and filter in our @debian.org
>addresses.

I recomed using spamhaus SBL-XBL, or at least CBL (which is included in
SBL-XBL).

When I did some checking earlier this year, CBL would reject about
half of the spam to the Debian BTS, with about one false positive a
day.  That's around 50000 rejected spam and one rejected non-spam per
day.  Many of the false positives were from the same people, who could
have removed their CBL listing easily.  (If they didn't fix the
problem that caused the CBL listing first they would get listed
again.)  Note that it does not make sense to do it only on the server,
any backup MX servers need to filter at least as well.  (Some spammers
only send to backup MX servers.)

See http://www.spamhaus.org/ and http://cbl.abuseat.org/ for more
information on the lists.

--