Re: Greylisting for @debian.org email, please

md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) writes:

> On Jun 18, Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> wrote:
>
>> Why should I have to do extra work to save you the effort?  I guess

> Why should I waste a huge quantity of resources because a few people
> cannot accept that for most sites the costs/benefits ratio of accepting
> mail from dynamically-assigned IP addresses is unacceptable?
> (Yes, this is a rethorical question.)

If you don't want to accept mail from users, for whatever reason, you
don't have to.  But Debian requires that uploads have a valid email
address: and that means one that accepts all legitimate mail from all
users, and it isn't up to you to try and offload work to them.

You do not have to be a Debian maintainer, but the one simple
expectation is that you make it possible for users to contact you
using standard internet methods.

And don't trot out any lies about "no false positives".  Say, instead,
"I'm making you do work so that I don't have to."