Re: Greylisting for @debian.org email, please

On Sunday 19 June 2005 08:22, Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> wrote:
> md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) writes:
> If you don't want to accept mail from users, for whatever reason, you
> don't have to.  But Debian requires that uploads have a valid email
> address: and that means one that accepts all legitimate mail from all
> users, and it isn't up to you to try and offload work to them.

I guess that this doesn't have to be an @debian.org address.  I've been
considering removing my @debian.org address, the only things that go to it
are debian-private (which I can hopefully get directed to another address)
and spam.

> And don't trot out any lies about "no false positives".  Say, instead,
> "I'm making you do work so that I don't have to."

That's an amusing way to look at it.  Make everyone who receives mail through
Debian servers (both list servers and their personal @debian.org address) do
extra work because you don't want to remove yourself from the CBL (which you
can only get listed on if you send mail to a spam-trap address).