Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

* Tollef Fog Heen (tfheen@err.no) wrote:
> * Eric Dorland
>
> | BTW, any Ubuntu developers care to comment? I'm interested in second
> | opinions and how you guys are handling this situation? Did you accept
> | an arrangement with MoFo?
>
> We've been in touch with them and have currently renamed the
> mozilla-firefox package to firefox.  The same thing is going to happen
> to mozilla-thunderbird once I get around to it.  We are unsure about
> the downstream namechange requirement, but not having firefox in there
> would be bad.  So, a bit undecided at the moment.

Thanks for answering. We may end up having to do the mozilla-firefox
-> firefox rename too if we keep the name too. Is Ubuntu concerned
about MoFo's trademark policy? Did Ubuntu make a similar arrangement
with MoFo that we're being offered?

As an aside (I should probably just look) but are you guys using their
official logo?

--
Eric Dorland <eric.dorland@mail.mcgill.ca>
ICQ: #61138586, Jabber: hooty@jabber.com