Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

* Florian Weimer (fw@deneb.enyo.de) wrote:
> * Eric Dorland:
>
> > 1. Completely ignore their Trademark Policy document and let MoFo come
> > to us if they're not happy with our use of the marks.
>
> This is the policy we have adopted with PHP, Apache and
> similarly-licensed software.  It's basically the only choice when we
> want to continue to distribute software such as phpGroupWare or
> Apache::Request.

That's true, but in Mozilla's case they have a document that is very
specific about what can and can't be done. PHP and Apache don't have
such documents as far as I can see, so it's easier to take a passive
approach.

--
Eric Dorland <eric.dorland@mail.mcgill.ca>
ICQ: #61138586, Jabber: hooty@jabber.com