Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

On Jun 14, Eric Dorland <eric@debian.org> wrote:

> 3. Accept MoFo's offer of Debian-specific trademark usage.
>
> 4. Try to negotiate some other arrangement with MoFo.

I do not believe that shipping Firefox with a different name would serve
well us, our users or the cause of software freedom, and I think that
the position of MF in granting Debian has been very reasonable.
Feel free to try to persuade MF to grant more liberal conditions, but
if this is not possible then I think we should continue shipping Firefox
under the present terms since I do not believe that trademarks policies
are a freedom issue, nor that the DFSG should be applied to them.

--
ciao,
Marco