Re: package building problems (was Re: Canonical and Debian)

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 08:11:46PM -0700, Blars Blarson wrote:

> > > It looks like this software could use some redesign to put less work
> > > on the buildd maintainers and scale better to more buildds.
>
> > Do you have some specific insights into this?  This certainly sounds
> > like a good area for us to work on..
>
> Almost all of the dep-wait and many of the not-for-us errors could be
> detected by the software.

What do you mean with the "not-for-us" errors?  I think what
you're refering too is that quinn-diff tells you to build
packages you really shouldn't.  I filed a bug with a patch that
works for me:
http://bugs.debian.org/275835

The only thing wrong about it that I know of is that the -i
option is now useless with that patch, but I think that can be
solved easely too.

Kurt