Re: package building problems (was Re: Canonical and Debian)

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:00:54AM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> What do you mean with the "not-for-us" errors?  I think what
> you're refering too is that quinn-diff tells you to build
> packages you really shouldn't.  I filed a bug with a patch that
> works for me:
> http://bugs.debian.org/275835

I mean the buildds spend time trying to build packages that they are
not on the architecture list for.  There is also the case of packages
that have internal architecture checks, but that varies enough that I
don't think detecting it can be automated.  (In those cases the
package maintainer should fix the architecutes line.)

I don't know the internals of the buildd process, but it appears your
patch would fix the problem.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html