Re: package building problems (was Re: Canonical and Debian)

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 08:11:46PM -0700, Blars Blarson wrote:
> Almost all of the dep-wait and many of the not-for-us errors could be
> detected by the software.

Yeah that would be useful.

> wanna-build could probably be turned into a distributed process if it
> can't be handled on a single box, as could buildd logs.

I think if the stresses of wanna-build on a central server are too much
then the obvious answer is a per-arch server which contacts the central
server (so only 11 connections needed) and then this per arch server
sorts out how the packages get built for that arch.

Though I say all this having never looked at the source.

--
Simon Huggins  \ "I have this terrible pain in all the diodes down my
                \ left side." - Marvin