Re: Keysigning without physically meeting ... thoughts?

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 01:36:26AM +0300, Jaakko Niemi wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Jun 2005, Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:
> > I was told to get a notarised form for a domain transfer before the domain
> > registrar would release it. I ended up losing the domain (>_<) because I
> > discovered that to find a notary in Australia, you have to go to a US Embassy.

>  Huh? I've delivered documents to Verisign, NSI and Thawte verified by
>  the local public notary without any issues.

I actually ended up taking a moral stand on the grounds that they were trying
to hijack my domain by demanding extra proof that I am who I said I was beyond
controlling the email address and password I used to create the domain. (I'm
not sure what they planned on comparing my documentation _to_. They were also
talking about charging me something like three years of registration as an
'exit' fee. Luckily for the rest of my domains, the changes which mean 'no
denial' == 'transfer' came through before I had any other domains expire.)

This all started because their ecommerce system started rejecting my visa
card, and their support stopped responding for nearly a full year after
replying with "try it again, works fine here".

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.