Re: Ubuntu and its "appropriation" of Debian maintainers

also sprach Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> [2005.05.03.0006 +0200]:
> Another option would be to leave the source package maintainer the
> same (to retain proper credit, etc.), but override the binary
> package maintainer during the build (to reflect that it is
> a different build, and also display a more appropriate name in
> "apt-cache show" etc.).
> What do you think about this approach?

It would misappropriate any changes made by the Ubuntu maintainers
to the source package, no?

`. `'`
"everyone has a little secret he keeps,
 i like the fires when the city sleeps."