Re: Ubuntu and its "appropriation" of Debian maintainers

* James Treacy (treacy@debian.org) [050501 21:15]:
> On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 11:40:19AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > I have to confess this is mainly because I maintain both
> > packages.debian.org and packages.ubuntu.com and just copied the code.
> > If anyone has suggestions how to improve the wording on the Ubuntu
> > part, my email adress is in the footer of every page ;)

> Having written the bulk of the code that generates these pages,
> I am flattered that such old code still has any use, let alone
> a new one with Ubuntu.
>
> Of course, as others have pointed out, you need to implement a
> mechanism to ensure that packages auto-generated from Debian are
> stated as such and give an Ubuntu address where users can get support.

Actually, I don't think that the packages.*-code is part of the problem.
Ubuntu treats the Debian maintainers at many places as "their"
maintainers, e.g. at apt-cache show $package. The packages.*-code just
displays that wrong information.

Cheers,
Andi
--