Re: Ubuntu and its "appropriation" of Debian maintainers

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 11:40:19AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> I have to confess this is mainly because I maintain both
> packages.debian.org and packages.ubuntu.com and just copied the code.
> If anyone has suggestions how to improve the wording on the Ubuntu
> part, my email adress is in the footer of every page ;)

Having written the bulk of the code that generates these pages,
I am flattered that such old code still has any use, let alone
a new one with Ubuntu.

Of course, as others have pointed out, you need to implement a
mechanism to ensure that packages auto-generated from Debian are
stated as such and give an Ubuntu address where users can get support.

--
James Treacy
treacy@debian.org