Re: Status of PHP5?

Romain Francoise <rfrancoise@debian.org> writes:

> Debian has more than 900 developers, a minimum amount of cooperation
> is necessary...

May I then ask why the maintainers of PHP4 hasn't joined the
discussion?  I think it would be important that they explain their
reasons for not having packaged PHP5 yet.

Adam Conrad wrote[1] in August 2004 that the PHP5 packages would be
uploaded soon, but that they had taken a backseat to PHP4 packages and
the Sarge release.

These are honest questions:

* Do the PHP4 maintainers find PHP5 too buggy for inclusion in Debian?

* Do they lack the time to maintain PHP5?

I can understand that they want things "done right", but please, six
months is a long time.  An update on the situation would be very much
appreciated.

[1]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=262977#msg6

--
Martin Geisler                                  My GnuPG Key: 0x7E45DD38

PHP EXIF Library      |  PHP Weather             |  PhpShell
http://pel.sf.net/    |  http://phpweather.net/  |  http://gimpster.com/
Read/write EXIF data  |  Show current weather    |  A shell in a browser