Re: Security support for tier-2

Hi, Brian Nelson wrote:

> If they come to a
> conclusion that it's impossible to make timely releases and keep all of
> these architectures in a single archive, then that's their decision to
> make.

True. *If*. However, AFAIK they haven't done that yet.

> If you care enough about a particular SSC arch, go create
> your own stable releases on it based on the official Debian release.

I'd like to find a middle ground between "nothing changes" (bad, according
to the FTP and security people) and "$ARCH is completely on its own" (bad,
according to some other people).

The reasoning of both groups has been amply exhibited in this thread.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de