Re: Security support for tier-2

Hi, Henning Makholm wrote:

>> Nothing's going to prevent porters from adding stable-security (or
>> whatever) to their autobuilders,
>
> True - for as long as they do not try to upload the result to the
> Debian archive, which will carry only "unstable".

I do not consider this to be set in stone.

The people who were at the meeting agreed on some things. Not everybody
who has a stake, or even is responsible for the current support of $ARCH
in Debian, was at the meeting. Therefore the result of the meeting is in
no way binding on anybody. (This is regardless of the fact that the people
responsible for it *did* say that the proposal is ... well, exactly that.)

Otherwise, we would be leaving Debian en masse, instead of discussing the
Vancouver paper.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de