> > How can they be, since they will be off in another archive?  You can't
> > decide now to put an arch in scc and at the same time say you won't
> > know whether it's in tier1 or tier2 until etch is close to release.
>
> Please re-read the proposal.  Not all the architectures proposed for
> release with etch are architectures that have enough download share to
> justify keeping them on the primary mirror network; these are
> *separate*, if heirarchically related, requirements.

Ok, I think I understand.  Suppose that we have an arch that does have
enough download share, and meets every requirement but the existence
of sufficient buildds to keep up and developer machines, and that only
because hardware hasn't come available.  Then it comes available,
partway through the release cycle.

All the stuff is on scc; how do we transfer it back?  Will it be easy,
or a major obstacle?

I'm sorry if these questions are too elementary or seem obvious to
you, but it will help me understand better.

Thomas