Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the timeline went something like:
>
> - Sunday evening, meeting adjourns
> - Monday noon-ish, first real draft of the meeting report posted
> - Tuesday morning, everyone who needs to review it gets on a plane
> - Tuesday evening, DPL candidates have their deadline for responding to
>   LWN interview questions

That appears about right.

> I hope you'll be somewhat forgiving of the people involved for the
> unfortunate case of timing at work here.

Oh, I'm not claiming that there was any sort of conspiracy to make
people look stupid. However, given that two of the people responding
knew that the situation had changed, it ought to have been possible to
let the others know that answering this question was a bad idea. As you
say, though, the timing was unfortunate.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org