On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 01:59:02AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 09:31:44AM +0100, Romain Francoise wrote:
> > Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:
>
> > > The following people in Debian leadership roles have also expressed
> > > their support:
>
> > >   Andreas Schuldei (DPL candidate)
> > >   Angus Lees (DPL candidate)
> > >   Branden Robinson (DPL candidate)
> > >   Jonathan Walther (DPL candidate)
>
> > How exactly is DPL candidate a leadership role?  I can understand that
> > the aforementioned people are under the spotlights right now because of
> > the election, but it does not qualify as leadership.
>
> > Also, our current DPL isn't listed in the supporters of this plan, does
> > it mean that he wasn't consulted?  Or does it mean that he was
> > consulted, but disagreed?  If so, may I ask why?
>
> Yes, we did consult Martin as well, and he had some concerns about the
> proposal that prevented him from signing on to it as-is.  That's fine;
> and many of those concerns are being discussed now in this thread.  I
> felt a little silly listing the DPL candidates as supporting it without
> also listing the current DPL, but we'd already asked the DPL candidates
> about it before Martin got back to us, so I was bound to feel a little
> silly either way. ;)

And how do you reconcile the fact that most of those told us recently on
debian-vote that they believed that dropping an architecture will not help
with the delay of the release ? And giving the times of the posts, they
probably knew about this plan previously to replying that, especially those of
the scud team. Pure demagogy then ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther